Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Crap

Trenton got his blood checked today to see if the WinRho started working yet. He was such a trooper, especially when we have Irene taking his blood, he doesn't even seem to notice. I ran into our doctor in the hallway and she said she would run down to the lab herself to get the results and then let us know (after she got a smile from Trenton).

So we hung out a little bit, roaming the halls, until a nurse came to tell us that his count hasn't changed at all. It's still at 5,000. This is extremely disappointing to say the least. She did say it peaks around day 7 or 8, so we will come back on Monday to check it again.

I was near tears on the way out, and then saw our favorite nurse. I think that's when I started to lose it. She is so sweet with Trenton and tried to get him to laugh. I just can't get over the staff at Children's. We couldn't be happier with everyone there. (Well, unless they could cure him of course). Once I got to the privacy of my car, I really lost it. The poor lady at the booth when you leave the parking garage, but I'm sure she's used to emotional parents. Later, I texted the family to give them the news. I think mom puts it best with her response of "crap." That pretty much sums it up!

2 comments:

  1. Still praying! Gen just saw the pictures of Trenton and say -- "hey there's my Trenton, I love him!" Let us know if there's anything you need -- even if it's just a cup of coffee. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying his counts go way up and he gets better and gets on with the business of being a 1 year old! I agree with Stephanie and everyone else here at Third...we're still praying for your little guy and we won't stop!! Sending hugs your way...

    Linda Schaer

    ReplyDelete