Monday, March 16, 2009

8

Trenton got his blood check again today. And again, he didn't even flinch. He was more excited about the puppy sticker on the chair. (and yes, he can even say "puppy!"). We decided not to wait around this time, and the nurse said she would call me with the results. We didn't even make it home before they called. I could tell right away by the tone of her voice that it wasn't good news. His count is still only 8,000. You may be thinking that it's increased, but really not. The doctor told us once that anything below 10,000 is pretty much the same.

I think I'm not as emotional after this one, because I was expecting it. Tyler thought the same thing, that last time we had some hope. But I've noticed more bruising this week, and he has the petechiae (the little red dots) all over his arm today, so I knew it was going to be low. So the doctor wants us to come in again in two weeks. We are afraid they will just want to wait, but they seem to change their minds on things after they have their team meetings, so we'll just to see what they say, and trust their expertise.

But thankfully, Trenton continues to feel well and really shows no side effects at all. He loves his helmet and has gotten pretty good at getting it on himself even. If only I could teach him to snap the button, we'd be good to go!

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy he's doing well, and is happy, even if the news wasn't great again. Hang in there, we're think of you and sending good thoughts and prayers.

    Scott and Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the disappointing news. We'll pray that the dr's can get a clear idea of what to do next before your next appointment. Give that sweet guy a big hug from Uncle Jared and Auntie Amanda. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete