Friday, August 21, 2009

Another quick update

Just another update from today. The doctor called just to make sure we heard Trenton's count, and to see if we had any questions. This guy is super cool. He said it's completely normal to go so up and down, not that it doesn't suck! He said he was really hoping that we would never have to see him again. I told him I was hoping the same, but that he shouldn't take it personally. He said he hears that a lot.

He still doesn't want to do any other treatments unless Trenton's counts dips way down again and stays there. So it seems he's still optimistic that Trenton might just make himself better. So that made me feel a little better. (Better to the point that I could make it through the rest of the work day).

I'm still feeling pretty defeated. I was just so ready to put this all behind us and move on. But I asked Trenton today if he could work on making more platelets and he let out a very enthusiastic "yea!" so, we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. I was so sorry to hear the news. My thoughts are with you all. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a roller coaster. We're so sorry that the counts went down again and will say prayers that the doctor is right about them rising again. Hang in there guys. We'll be praying.

    Gwen & Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Papa hopes that loafing at a cottage on Lake Michigan gives you a chance to encourage him to make more platelets

    ReplyDelete