Friday, August 12, 2011

Update (sort of)

After almost a year, Trenton was actually seen by the doctor today. There really hasn't been any reason to see him, since he's staying pretty status quo, but after the last dip, I guess the doc figured he better check him out. But today's numbers were much better, 85,000! I was happy with that!

Doc really had nothing terribly new to say. He still believes Trenton has a chance of just outgrowing this whole thing. He said if it continues at this rate for years though, we'd probably start looking at some other things to do. He's also going to e-mail a buddy of his who wrote many of the articles on ITP and see if he suggests anything different. I would love to hear what he says, but I'm guessing it'll be to sit and wait. We are good at that!

Trenton was so good today. I realized he must pay more attention at my prenatal appointments than I think. He held out his little arm just like I do to get my BP checked. And when the doctor wanted him to lay on the table (which he normally doesn't like to do), he just jumped right up and laid down. I'm surprised he didn't lift his shirt up though. He is such a trooper. He doesn't even flinch when they take his blood, he's most interested in the whole process. He just kept saying he's so brave, which he is! It's really quite adorable to see.

The doctor said there was someone else there recently diagnosed and he's a hockey player, yikes! I told him that's what I worry about, Trenton getting injured from running around, playing sports, etc. But he reassured me that his counts are high enough that we really don't need to worry about it. The only thing he would get concerned about is if we were in a bad car accident or something. But then he would worry about a lot more too! Even then, they would just give him a blood transfusion to get him through. So again, it just made me feel better knowing I don't need to worry too much.

So, we'll continue down this path till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment