Monday, July 13, 2009

Switching

So we finally have another appointment for the big man. We go in next week Friday, the 24th. And we are seeing a new doctor. I'm a little nervous about it, mostly because I don't want to hurt the other doctor's feelings and I wonder what we'd say to her if we see her there.

But we were starting to feel a little frustrated when we'd hear something different at every appointment, and we were told we'd get a call the next week, only to have to call them three weeks later. I know my kid is not dying of cancer or anything, but it's still terrifying for us at times. The doctors really do seem to care when we are there, but we also feel like we are being blown off a bit. Maybe it's not a big deal, but it is to us!

Anyway, we'll see how this one does! Trenton continues to do well. He is bruising like any other almost two-year old crazy climbing maniac. He's had a few tiny blood blisters in his mouth, but no nosebleeds for several weeks. He had to be on prednisone recently for asthma, so maybe that helped bump his count up a bit too. We'll see.

His new favorite toy at bedtime is this super cute black bear from his Great Auntie Anna. I just had it sitting there the other day on a pile of other bears, and he INSISTED on holding it while reading his books. He must have known it was from someone who loved him! So thank you everyone for your continued support.

2 comments:

  1. My two cents: You are absolutely doing the right thing going to another doctor. I know the relationship with doctors is a more personal one, but it's like getting really serious advice for anything - a car, a new tv, a house - except it's advice for the most important thing in the world. You can't have too many doctors involved. Keep switching until you find one who does what they say they will do. I'm glad to hear little Trenton is doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tyler and MariJo
    I would guess there are differing opinion's but "try not worry", after all, Trenton is not only "your kid" but "God's kid" so "Why not"!!! I wouldn't hesitate one second! If it was "my kid" I would want to seek some more and different professional advice too. God understands we need to make some choices that we ourselves are not always "sure about"! But He will guide us always in these choices when we ask! We're praying.
    Love
    Veralyn and Mert

    ReplyDelete